Teams and Walkers

Select A Team:

Edit in profile section

Ben Wilson's Fundraising Page

Ben Wilson

Ben Wilson

Hello family, friends, and internet strangers!

My name is Ben Wilson. I am a 23 year old college student from Spokane, Washington who attends Eastern Washington University. I am a biology major and hope to pursue a career in medical laboratory science with my degree.

This summer me and my team of ~25 other young adults will be suffering our way across the deep of the southern United States in a relay style run. Over the course of 7 weeks, we will run the entire length of the United States, from Baltimore, Maryland to San Francisco, California!

I would like to humbly ask you for a donation. 87% of your donation goes directly toward helping young adults impacted by cancer, making their battle just a bit easier. The other 13% allows Ulman to function as a company and fund this relay race.

My goal in doing this relay is to provide a little bit of inspiration and positivity to our world. I want to make a difference and make the world a little better each day. I am starting my training at a disadvantage. I’m overweight and out of shape. On October 1st, 2019 I decided it was time to make some lifestyle changes after weighing in at 252lbs, the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. Today, December 7th, 2019, I weighed in at 232lbs. I am on my way to becoming a better version of myself. I’ve come to realize that life is about doing hard things. The only way to be successful is to develop discipline and drive which allow you to ultimately thrive, no matter the challenge.

If you want, follow my journey on Instagram @ BenDoesInterestingThings


ULMAN FOUNDATION

Each year more than 72,000 young adults are diagnosed with cancer in the United States. Young adults (ages 15-39) face a variety of unique challenges with a cancer diagnosis including social isolation, fertility preservation, insurance concerns, delayed diagnosis, and survivorship.

The Ulman Foundation changes lives by creating a community of support for young adults, and their loved ones, impacted by cancer. With your support, Ulman is able to provide free services and resources for the young adult cancer community through programs that focus on patient support services, housing, survivorship, and scholarship. Learn more about young adult cancer and our impact here.

Comments

$3,115.01
raised of $4,500 goal
 

Recent Donations

$10.00
1. CTChristina Turner
Good luck and Go Cougs!
$25.00
2. RARachelle Ames
$25.00
3. ?Anonymous
$25.00
4. AGAshley Goin
This is such an awesome thing you are doing!! Good luck!!
$50.00
5. JRJulia Robertson
$1.05
6. PBPrepaid Gift Card Remaining Balance
Member of

Team Big Bear

$71,226.19
$225,000